[CentOS] NTP

Gary Richardson gary.richardson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 01:10:48 UTC 2007

The default settings should be pretty good. I believe it uses
pool.ntp.orgby default, which is a big list of ntp servers of stratum
2 (and possibly
3?) servers. Running the ntpd service is probably the best way to do it.
'service ntpd start' should be all that is need. If you clock is more than a
minute or two out to begin with, you may need to issue a 'ntpd -q -g'.