[CentOS] Re: Wait for 5 or just use 4.4?

Cen Tos centos.admin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 14:28:51 UTC 2007

Just an update, I didn't get the board I wanted originally, it was out of
stock. So as an alternative, I got the Intel DQ965 instead, which appears to
be practically identically to the Asus P5B-VM-DO.

Apart from a noob mistake thinking I didn't need GRUB if this was an going
to be a single OS system, everything appeared to work right. All my worries
about the problems I found online regarding the Intel 82566DM Gigabit
controller turned out to be unfound. Since I also used a SATA DVDRW to
install, there was no issue with the Q965 chipset not having native IDE
support.

Now I just need to add another NIC and figure out the rest of the stuff like
getting httpd and mysql to start on their own :)

Thanks for all the responses!