[CentOS] Re: software raid

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Apr 3 15:14:11 UTC 2007

Jeff Lasman spake the following on 4/3/2007 7:40 AM:
> On Tuesday 03 April 2007 05:58 am, Les Mikesell wrote:
>
>> Yes, but there is still the issue of whether the drive will be
>> recognized at all when hotplugged.  Once the drive is assigned a
>> device name by the kernel you will be able to fdisk it.  You don't
>> need to mount  it because the md device will be mounted, not the disk
>> partitions.
>
> Thanks, Les.
>
> I see where I'm going to have to try this some day soon.  All our
> systems with hotswap bays are in service; I'll try the experiment on
> the next one.
>
> Jeff
It seems unusual to have hotswap cages and not have a hotswap capable
controller. I think SAS is hot-swappable, but I really don't think IDE or SATA
is, and SCSI might be if it is newer.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and