[CentOS] CentOS 4.5 ?

Benjamin Smith lists at benjamindsmith.com
Wed Apr 4 03:11:10 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 03 April 2007, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > Is there some advantage to 4.5 over 5?
>
> If you dont plan to update to something brand spanking new.. and you
> want updates for what you do have.

Marginal at that - you can take a CentOS 4.0 CD and yum update to the very
latest stuff with a single command. (I did this a few weeks ago when I didn't
want to wait to download another ISO) Recommended? Not really - the new
CentOS releases are so that you don't have to download 300 MB of updates
after your initial install. Custom Install with no packages checked has
CentOS 4.4 downloading 30 MB on the little sleeper server purring next to me
to be "up to date".

-Ben