[CentOS] Partitioning with LVM

Wojtek.Pilorz wpilorz at bdk.pl
Wed Apr 4 06:38:30 UTC 2007

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, tblader wrote:

> Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 11:28:47 -0500
> From: tblader <tblader at flambeau.com>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] Partitioning with LVM
>

> Noob Centos Admin wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > /boot isn't allowed to be on a LVM, RAID 1 at most.
>
> I think manual partitioning from fdisk will allow it anyway ;)
>

> > I'll keep in mind the problem of unmounting and fsck if I ever run into
> > it. Although, what do you do after booting from Knoppix?
>
> It's changed a bit from Knoppix 4, 5, and 5.1.  Basically I boot into
> runlevel 3 and get lvm started either through lvmchage -a (I think)
> or running the init script.  This will activate any lvm partitions
> that Knoppix can find, but doesn't mount them.
As far as I know, lvm support has been added in Knoppix 5.1.

Be aware, that if you edit a file with Knoppix, it might not have SELinux
labels appropriately set, so fixfiles or equivalent might be needed in
CentOS to have the system run correctly (I run into this problem after
editing /etc/fstab and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 on a
cloned FC6 with Knoppix; got some avc messages and before running fixfiles
swap had not been automatically enabled, network interface did not work.)