[CentOS] nvidia drivers

David A. Woyciesjes david.woyciesjes at yale.edu
Thu Apr 5 15:31:00 UTC 2007

Bisbal, Prentice wrote:
> I'll bet there are legal issue preventing that. Read NVidia's licensing
> agreement. I'm sure there's a paragraph preventing redistribution of the
> binaries.

	Actually, it looks like that's changed. Here's a quote from NVidia...
"...Why does NVIDIA not provide RPMs anymore?

Not every Linux distribution uses RPM, and NVIDIA wanted a single
solution that would work across all Linux distributions. As indicated in
the NVIDIA Software License, Linux distributions are welcome to
repackage and redistribute the NVIDIA Linux driver in whatever package
format they wish..."

found on this page:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-9755/README/chapter-04.html
--