[CentOS] XEN Paravirtualized CentOS5 beta on CentOS5 beta

Patrick Lodder

patrick at nedlinux.nl
Sun Apr 8 20:18:59 UTC 2007

Dear All,

I'm trying to install CentOS5 beta as paravirtualized guest on a CentOS5
Xen host using virt-manager.
Everything seems to go OK. I'm able to run virt-manager and fill-out all
the details. Because you can only do a http/ftp/nfs install when setting
up a paravirtualized guest using virt-manager, I made the whole contents
of the CentOS5 beta DVD available via ftp.
The start of the system looks fine. I can provide details about
networking, but then I get a screen which ask me to fill-out the CentOS
install directory(is "suggests" the same directory I used in
virt-manager). But whatever I use it doesn't accept it.
I am confident that I provided the correct directory, because the
screens show CentOS on it. Also I created the ftp install-source as per
the documentation.

I've also tested it with fedora core 6 as described in the screenshots
on virt-manager.et.redhat.com (e.g used the same install-source:
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/), but
no luck there. A screenshot is attached that contain the screen I get
over and over.

Did anybody succeed in getting CentOS5 running as guest in CentOS5?

Kind regards,

Patrick