[CentOS] Centos 5

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Tue Apr 10 14:06:03 UTC 2007

John Summerfield wrote:
> Feizhou wrote:
>> John Summerfield wrote:

>>> G'day, Dense.
>>>
>>> I'm running RHEL5 beta1 in production.
>>>
>>> I needed the latest HPIJ/OJ stuff, and it didn't run on CentOS 4.
>>> Therefore, I tried RHEL5 beta 1 and it works.
>>>
>>> Security isn't a concern, it's well-protected behind a NATting
>>> firewall, and Mrs S is no risk.
>>>
>>> What's the problem?
>>
>> That is because you are a Debian guy. It is shocking to run Fedora,
>> betas, alphas in production here. Please take your community
>> maintained mindset away! ARGH!
>
> What on earth are you talking about? Within ten metres of me I have

> What's your qualification to judge me?

Oops...it was supposed to be a joke...I guess the 'call Dense Paranoid'
was not a strong enough hint.

I just took note of the debian@ in your addy to say you are a Debian guy :P

Sorry folks. Bad joke. I run Open Solaris in production so I am really
joking about the 'shocking' to run betas, alphas or what not in
production. It would have been an 'alpha' nexenta too if I did not need
to try out the latest iscsi_target code available with a newer Solaris
Express release. Running a distro that gets updated on a monthly basis
in production over here :P