[CentOS] NVidia Quadro4 200/400 NVS CentoOS 4.4

David A. Woyciesjes david.woyciesjes at yale.edu
Tue Apr 10 16:35:10 UTC 2007

Michael Velez wrote:

>> 	Yep, removed those lines. As for the pigtail, I didn't
>> switch from one to the other. The monitor on tail 1 works
>> fine. I want to get the 2nd tail working for my other
>> monitor. Or am I  confused thinking that this card can
>> support 2 monitors?
>> 	The card is detected as a Quadro4 NV17GL 200/400. Do
>> you need any other info?
>>

> For the pigtails, I was just assuming one is primary so if you only have one
> monitor, you should use that one.  I may be wrong but I had an issue like
> that when I installed my one monitor. You are correct in assuming it can
> support two monitors.
>
> Do you see any errors in the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file?  Specifically look
> for lines that start with (EE).
>
> I have the same kernel and gcc. I have a quadro NVS 280 and have recompiled
> drivers for the past two and a half years.
>
> I don't know what else to tell you.
>
> michael

	First off, many thanks to you for you assistance, even though I haven't
gotten it yet. A small favor, would you be able to quickly write
something up for me as to the steps I should've taken? Or is there
something somewhere that I've missed?
	Florin mentioned in another thread about trying ATrpms. I figure that's
worth a shot too. Or is that not a good idea?

--
--- David Woyciesjes