[CentOS] CentOS 5 and bittorrent

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Thu Apr 12 17:35:45 UTC 2007

On Apr 12, 2007, at 1:25 PM, chrism at imntv.com wrote:

> If someone wants to send me a cheat sheet on how to run a command
> line version of bitorrent, I'll throw one up on a reasonably beefy
> machine at the datacenter that's got multiple gigE links to the net.

you can get rtorrent from dag:

http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/rtorrent/

here's the User Guide:

http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/wiki/RTorrentUserGuide

if you've already downloaded, just copy the ISOs into your download
location before you fire up the torrent; your client should detect
that the torrent is already completely downloaded and start seeding
it.  configure the client to seed forever, and you'll make a lot of
people happy.

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v