[CentOS] Re: 4.92 beta update to centos5 proper words of caution

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Apr 12 18:09:55 UTC 2007

Jim Perrin spake the following on 4/12/2007 10:55 AM:
>> Please check out my earlier e-mail at:
>>
>> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2007-April/078843.html
>>
>> I booted from a boot CD and did the upgrade from 4.92 via NFS.  Where
>> should I report any issues encounterd?  CentOS bugzilla?
>
> It was always stated that this update would be 'best effort' and not
> supported. For right now (and others may disagree with me) I consider
> this thread to be 'best effort'. It was beta. Deal with the breakage.
>
> Hopefully that doesn't sound too cold-hearted and uncaring.

Suck it up and go on! ;-D
In the time it would take to write up a bugzilla entry, you could backup and
restore.

I fortunately was only playing with the beta in VMWare to see what things
looked like.
--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and