[CentOS] Re: CentOS 5 and bittorrent

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Apr 12 18:41:26 UTC 2007

Steve Huff spake the following on 4/12/2007 10:35 AM:

> On Apr 12, 2007, at 1:25 PM,
> chrism at imntv.com wrote:
>
>> If someone wants to send me a cheat sheet on how to run a command line
>> version of bitorrent, I'll throw one up on a reasonably beefy machine
>> at the datacenter that's got multiple gigE links to the net.
>
> you can get rtorrent from dag:
>
> http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/rtorrent/
>
> here's the User Guide:
>
> http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/wiki/RTorrentUserGuide
>
> if you've already downloaded, just copy the ISOs into your download
> location before you fire up the torrent; your client should detect that
> the torrent is already completely downloaded and start seeding it.
> configure the client to seed forever, and you'll make a lot of people
> happy.
>
> -steve
>
> --
> If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
> improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v
If you want a reasonable torrent prog. with a web based interface, look at
torrentflux. I run it on a ClarkConnect gateway at home and I love it. It
needs php and mysql, which most servers have anyway.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and