[CentOS] laptop install centos 5

FordPrefect fordprefect at whaddu.com
Thu Apr 12 20:24:39 UTC 2007

Hello,
I've heard of some powermanagement/acpi issues with those laptops under
linux and available pci interrupts.  Maybe try disabling
powermanagement/acpi and see what happens?  Not a definite answer, but
something one of my friends had run into at one time with that
particular laptop model.  Maybe also check for a bios update.

Try booting and running "tail -f /var/log/messages" and see if anything
sticks out when it locks up.

-Frd