[CentOS] OT: AMD CPU actual speed....

Mark Hull-Richter

mhullrich at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 21:48:56 UTC 2007

I know this is a bit OT, but the subject of CPU speed came up here and I was
(and have been for some time) curious:

What is the actual speed of an AMD CPU?  E.g., I have a Athlon 64 X2 "4200+"
but my /proc/cpuinfo shows 1005.164 MHz for the two cores.

What do those mean?  Is there a reference for this (huge) discrepancy?

Also, is there a way (and what) to tell what the actuall running speed of
memory is?

Thanks.

Mark Hull-Richter, Linux Kernel Engineer
DATAllegro (www.datallegro.com)
85 Enterprise, Second Floor, Aliso Viejo, CA  92656
949-680-3082 - Office     949-330-7691 - fax