[CentOS] Scripts to generate exact copy of CentOS-5.0-i386-bin-DVD.iso from CD images

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 13:37:18 UTC 2007

On 4/14/07, Wojtek.Pilorz <wpilorz at bdk.pl> wrote:
> I am enclosing scripts and config files to generate exact copy
> of CentOS 5.0 i386 installation DVD image, that is
> CentOS-5.0-i386-bin-DVD.iso
> if you have CD images for i386.

I have 2 questions:

(1) There is one thing that is puzzling to me.  You present an
alternative method that makes use of the existing
CentOS-5.0-i386-bin-DVD.iso file.  In this case (if you already have
it), what is the purpose of running the scripts?

(2) The scripts are specific for CentOS 5.0 as you described.  What
would it take to make them more generic?  Is there any way to achieve
the same without having to extract info from the original DVD?

Akemi