[CentOS] Fwd: Response from Canon - MultiPASS (KMM7153196V60774L0KM)

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sun Apr 15 22:07:51 UTC 2007

Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> Vote with your wallet -- return the useless POS and buy something that
> *is* supported.

so what color photo printers are supported in Linux?   My personal color
printer at home is the Canon i9900, which is connected via USB2 to a
WindowsXP system, I don't have much experience trying to do photo
printing from Linux, in fact the last time I did any color printing from
Unix or Linux, it was on a color Postscript laser printer, and it was
nowheres near photo quality.

ditto, multifunction SOHO copier/printer/fax/scanner machines (which is
what I'm presuming the MP160 is).  Those typically are 90% host
software, and require all-in-one application software running on the
host system to manage their copier and fax functionality.     How would
you propose a consumer electronics oriented company support Linux?
Which glibc should they link with?  which version of gnome/gtk/kde/what
should they build their app with?    just give the user a source tarball
and say 'have fun compiling'?