[CentOS] Beta upgrade (could not find a decent answer yet)

Evans Mitchell

kd4efm at kd4efm.org
Mon Apr 16 02:43:24 UTC 2007

Greetings All from Florida.

As of tonight, Sunday April 14th, 07, I finished loading the dvd iso
of 5 beta (or 4.92 as it is shown to be) and went archive diving to see
what was up with the updater not finding the 4.92 files on the mirrors..

I only saw a few notes about removing a dev file and something else,
then a comment about removing an image file, then a comment about
not doing it in X as there is a bug.......

Has anyone find a simple way to force yum to update without looking
at the current version?? or at least telling the system to go get
centos 5 even thou it is 4.92??

Any ideas would be great, as I am trying to take a crack at upgrading
my Knopixx FADCA box to CentOS and seeing what all I can make out of
the thing.... ALSO how do I go about enabling ax25 kernel support with
the CentOS 5 releases???

Full of questions and what not... nah, just wanting to make use
of this stuff before I upgrade my IRLP nodes to CentOS 4 that was
just released to us recently from irlp.net

73
Evans Mitchell
kd4efm / afa2th FL / WQFK-894 GMRS
Lakeland, FL. USA