[CentOS] Centos5 NFS install from loop-back mounted DVD image fails

Marco Fais centos-lists at abbeynet.it
Mon Apr 16 08:45:54 UTC 2007

Hi!

> <5>SQUASHFS error: sb_bread failed reading block 0xb085
> <5>SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page block 2c11bde, size fbb7
>
> This happens on a x86_64 install, but I get a similar message when I
> try to install a i386 Centos5.

Mmmh... I've got the same problem three-four times, exactly as described.

In my case, the NFS server was quite busy, so I moved the loop-mounted
image to another server and the install went perfectly... but I don't
know the problem was related to the NFS server.

In my case, I was installing Centos5 x86_64 on an HP Blade BL25p.

Bye!