[CentOS] Re: Archiving mail

Roy Ong centos-list at royong.com
Mon Apr 16 13:03:09 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 21:01 -0400, Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
> > Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> >>     Hi,
> >>
> >>     Is anyone archiving e-mails?  We use Sendmail+MailScanner on
> >> CentOS 3 and 4, and we'd appreciate any advice.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >
> > I am not, but If I wanted to I'd consider
> > 1. Setting up inn with a mail-to-news gateway
> > 2. Setting up a list myself with mailman, and subscribing my list (or
> > forwarding) all list-related mail to it.
> >
> > 2. is, I think, so simple I'd probably not consider 1. for very long.
>
> I meant archiving mail for one or several complete domains.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ugo

I see that you are using sendmail - so this might be of your interest
http://www.geocities.com/sbmilbur/sendmail/

essentially, it creates a new feature that can be added into your
sendmail.mc file - it will "archive" all incoming and outgoing emails to
a user account "copyuser" so be sure to add "copyuser" into the system
first. i used it for a while on my home system but gave up in the end -
and no, it doesn't do archiving selectively, all users, all domains are
affected by the change.