[CentOS] CentOS 5.0 install fails every time.

Gabriel Gunderson ggundy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 14:16:22 UTC 2007

On 4/16/07, Mike Putnam <mike at theputnams.net> wrote:
> I used the 6 CD iso's, looped back, copied to a dir, exported the dir, then
> burned a boot cd with the delivered diskboot.img
>
> I was able to install the basic "Server" (NOT GUI) on 2 separate machines
> over the network.  This is OT for the X issue, but speaks to the loopback/CD
> isos.

It's wasn't really an X issue as it also happened in text mode .  I
was just giving that as a point of reference in the install.

As it turns out, the problem is very plainly outlined in the release
notes for CentOS.  I read the UOP's notes as they generally have more
detail.  It took me a whole weekend, but I've learned my lesson :)

--
Gabriel Gunderson
http://gundy.org