[CentOS] mirror rsync problem?

Wojtek.Pilorz wpilorz at bdk.pl
Mon Apr 16 23:12:01 UTC 2007

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, John R Pierce wrote:

> > żIs the rsync script exactly the same when it worked fine?
>
> yes.     it works sometimes, it fails other times.  right now its
> failing mostly.
>

> #!/bin/sh
> rsync -azH --delete --exclude=ia64 --exclude=s390\* --exclude=alpha \
[...]

Try removing -z - it puts extra load on the rsync server, and most of the data
is already compressed, so compression would not give much.
I seem to remember I had such problem when using -z on large files.
Perhaps rsync server hits some resource limit when serving large files with
compression. With updates size growing, more large files are present and the
problem may be more frequent.

Good luck,

Wojtek