[CentOS] Formatting hdb?

Benjamin Sher

delphi123 at zebra.net
Mon Apr 16 18:13:33 UTC 2007

Dear friends:

Using Centos 5.

I have two physical drives. During install, I made sure to check hdb as well
as hda. Both were listed as partitions (which is correct). But my fstab file
does not show hdb. How do I make sure that hdb has been formatted and is part
of my file system. If hdb is not formatted, how do I format it, please. Sorry
for the question. I am a newbie.

d[sher at localhost ~]$ df
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
                      74560920   5339640  65372680   8% /
/dev/hda1               101086     11997     83870  13% /boot
tmpfs                   237428         0    237428   0% /dev/shm
[sher at localhost ~]$

[sher at localhost ~]$ cat /etc/fstab
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap                    swap    defaults        0 0

Thank you so much.

Benjamin

--
Sher's Russian Web