[CentOS] VmWare Installation -- Where is C header directory, please?

Benjamin Sher delphi123 at zebra.net
Mon Apr 16 19:49:32 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 02:24, John R Pierce wrote:
> > Thank you so much for your kind help. I successfully installed perl-devel
> > from yum but looks like I am stuck. Would appreciate your help.
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >
> > Benjamin
> >
> > [root at localhost sher]# yum install perl-devel
> >
> > [sher at localhost ~]$ rpm -ql kernel-devel | grep /include/ | more
> > [sher at localhost ~]$
>
> um, did you
>
>     # yum install kernel-devel
>
> ?   try
>
>     # rpm -ql kernel-devel
>
> without the grep or more.
>
> its possible in CentOS5 the package name has changed, I haven't
> installed it yet anywhere.

Dear John:

Here is the output of your command. I installed kernel-devel. I tried once
again to install VMWare but I need to know the location of the "include"
subdirectory.

By the way, is Centos's Xen virtualization better, worse or just different
from VMWare? Which would you recommend?

Thank you again.

Benjamin

[sher at localhost ~]$ su
Password:
[root at localhost sher]# # rpm -ql kernel-devel
[root at localhost sher]# whereis kernel-devel
kernel-devel:

--
Sher's Russian Web
http://www.websher.net