[CentOS] Centos 4 software raid issue

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Apr 18 17:29:32 UTC 2007

William Warren wrote:
> i need to remove a software raid 1 form my system.  I have yet to find
> a way that applies to 2.6x kernels.  I know the information is out
> there.  Would anyone care to give me a pointer?  This array is data
> storage only and does not house any critical system files.

I'm pretty sure

umount /dev/md1
mdadm --detail /dev/md1     # to identify the partitions used by this raid
mdadm --stop /dev/md1       # deactivate the raid

then vi /etc/mdadm.conf and delete the line for md1
and, use fdisk or another partitioning tool and delete the partitions
that comprised this raid.

also don't forget to remove the file system from /etc/fstab ...