[CentOS] Re: centos 5 is reporting invalid mac address

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Apr 18 18:33:20 UTC 2007

Jerry Geis spake the following on 4/18/2007 11:18 AM:
> I have not see this before...
> Installing centos 5 on m2n-mx motherboard the onboard forcedeth
> driver loads and says invalid mac address "97:42:40:F3:18:00"
>
> Anyone else ever seen this before? Is it fixable? I went to
> support.asus.com
> and searched for "invalid mac address" they say sorry no data.
>
> Jerry
It is all over Google. It seems to be a problem with the Asus bios and the mac
address settings. You either will have to set a fixed mac address in the
config file and hope it isn't already take out in the world, or get Asus to
fix your problem.
If you go with a fixed address, look on your board to see if they attached the
mac address to a sticker somewhere and use that. It will most likely be the
correct address.

Is there a bios update for the board? It might fix it.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and