[CentOS] Anaconda exception: installation media already mounted

Kenneth Porter

shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Apr 18 23:09:32 UTC 2007

I'm trying to install CentOS5 i386 from DVD ISO to my new second SATA
drive. I boot from a USB key and tell it to use the DVD image on sda5
(ext3, an FC5 boot partition), installing to a default partition setup on
sdb. I tell it to install grub to sda (where my old FC5 grub install
lives), with WinXP64 on sda1 as a non-default additional OS. Right after
that I get an Anaconda exception that the installation media is already
mounted. What now?