[CentOS] Re: Screensaver flashing instead of normal function

Mark Hull-Richter mhullrich at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 23:16:35 UTC 2007

On 4/18/07, Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> I rebooted my machine this morning and now instead of running normally, my
> GLMatrix screen saver flashes as it repaints the screen, more and more
> noticeably as the screen fills up with glyphs.  I didn't change ANYTHING and
> this was not happening before the boot.

Update: I watched this distracting behavior for a while, and it seems
that it is not actually repainting the screen because some of the
background, lowlighted chains do not appear to be changing, but the
foreground highlighted chains blink almost in sequence, as if they
were being individually redrawn in the order of generation, or in
order from back to front, or something like that.

I changed to a different screensaver - this was really annoying....

I would still LOVE to know what was causing this.

--
Mark Hull-Richter, Linux Kernel Engineer
DATAllegro (www.datallegro.com)