[CentOS] Cent LDAP server

joseph tacuyan joseph.mailboxlist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 01:49:48 UTC 2007

On 4/22/07, Chris <racerx at makeworld.com> wrote:

> Forgive my ignorance on this topic - I would like to build an LDAP
> server at our shop. We a native 2k3 domain and would like this Cent LDAP
> server to pull in all the info from AD. Then periodically, have the Cent
> server sync with new addition/subtractions of AD.

Not sure if you have plan to replace your M$ AD with LDAP, if that's the
case then you can export your AD contents to LDIF either via command line(M$
has kb article for something like this) or java ldapbrowser, then load it to
your new LDAP server.
  If you want replication between the two then it would be another
beast...FDS has feature to sync with M$ AD search on FDS guide on redhat
website is way to go.

Is there a How-To out there somewhere that someone can point me to?

--
> Best regards,
> Chris

HTH,