[CentOS] firewire on centos5

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 02:35:44 UTC 2007

On 4/22/07, gen2 <gen2 at planetofidiots.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 22 April 2007 17:09:07 Akemi Yagi wrote:

> > In earlier versions, CentOS Plus included firewire support.  I will
> > assume CentOS 5 will, too.  It is not out yet.
> >
> > http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories/CentOSPlus
>
> Yes, saw that link. There doesn't seem to be much centos5-specific information
> on the website, however, nor release info for plus. It seems like the trend
> is for there to be a centosplus kernel released sometime in the future,
> however I have an immediate need for firewire. Has anyone built or added
> firewire modules to centos5?

A member of the CentOS team said yesterday that the release of CentOS
Plus 5 would be in a week to 10 days.  If you cannot wait for that,
you would have to build the kernel yourself.  Follow the steps in:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel

When you run 'make menuconfig' or 'make xconfig', you need to set the
IEEE1394 support to m (module).  You would see this in the .config
file as:

CONFIG_IEEE1394=m

Akemi