[CentOS] CentOS5 consistent media check failures 2 - 6.

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue Apr 24 01:18:51 UTC 2007

William L. Maltby wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 05:00 +0200, Maciej Zenczykowski wrote:

> I had considered that and discarded it due to the statements by Joerg in
> his docs about the problems with kernels >=2.5. BTW, I've since looked
> at the logs and confirmed that kernel buffer errors (I think) occur and
> get the kernel complaining about I/O errors on /dev/hdc (the drive I was
> going to checksum the CDs on on CentOS). I'll give the dd a try with a
> blksize of some multiple of 2K and see if that gives me a decent
> checksum.

JS makes so many ridiculous statements that I find it hard to take him
seriously.    Recently, he's upset Debian enough (he changed the licence
on cdr-tools) that Debian's forked cdrecord, SUSE is distributing
another version (Debian's I suspect).

I may be mistaken, but I think the Linux Kernel Hackers know more about
the Linux kernel than JS does.

--

Cheers
John