[CentOS] Re: Annoying Mouse Tricks

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Apr 24 16:13:03 UTC 2007

Mark Weaver spake the following on 4/24/2007 6:16 AM:
> Christian Wahlgren wrote:
>> On 4/23/07, Juan C. Valido
>> <jvalidolnx at juanyjosefina.com> wrote:

>>> the
>>> 104 4

>>> directly on
>>> mouse
>>> 4.4
>>> more
>>> until

>>> again
>>> like a
>>> in KVM

>>> requires this.
>>>
>>> I've seen that before. I had to change my KVM. The newer Belkin and
>>> Trendnet work. If you get a new one make sure it says that it's
>>> compatible with Linux or Unix, I had the same problem with Solaris 10
>>> but not anymore...
>>
>> I've had the same problem with Belkin with PS/2 connections (erratic
>> mouse movements after switching from Windows). But after a change to
>> Aten KVM with USB kbd/mouse everything works as expected when
>> switching between Windows and Linux boxes and with working scoll wheel
>> on the mouse.
>>

> yeah... the overall concensus is that a different KVM and possibly a
> different mouse/keyboard will fix the problem, but since that is very
> unlikely to happen I'm going to have to find a software/OS solution.
> That's the biggest reason I'm now looking at what happens at boot time
> to allow the mouse to work correctly and then breaks and doesn't
> function after a KVM toggle back from Windows.
>
> Mark
Different KVm's handle the switching and emulation differently, and I have
found that it seems to be more of a bios issue than a software issue.
I had an old server running Windows 2000 that behaved badly on the KVM. When
the system was retired from Windows use and re-christened with Linux, the
problem stayed. It has an Intel STL2 motherboard, so there won't be any bios
updates for it.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and