[CentOS] Centos 5 where is rndc.conf and named.conf?

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Tue Apr 24 18:38:32 UTC 2007

On Apr 24, 2007, at 2:21 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> In /var/named/chroot/etc there is no rndc.conf or named.conf.
>
> Where are they?    Webmin built a named.conf, but it is missing
> many of the 'default' entries.  And it did not set up the symbolic
> link to /etc
>
> I am trying to follow instructions at:
>
> http://www.wains.be/index.php/2007/02/04/centos-chroot-dns-with-bind/

step 2 of m. wains' instructions directs you to run `rndc-confgen -
a`, which will generate a rndc.conf file.

step 8 directs you to install the 'caching-nameserver' package, which
will provide you with the default entries.

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v