[CentOS] Re: hi

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Apr 24 23:17:27 UTC 2007

Dave spake the following on 4/24/2007 2:08 PM:
> Hi I just joined I have a serer who's purpose life is to be a
> fileserver/print server right now it is running windows 98 because it is
> an older computer look at an alternate os such as this will this allow
> windows based machines to talk to it save files retrieve files and also
> how difficult is it to install.

First look at this;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

Then if all you want is a file/print server, it is fairly simple to set up.

Look for the samba howto to get a basic idea of what you want to accomplish.

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and