[CentOS] Re: network config files in centos 5 changing

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Apr 25 19:11:19 UTC 2007

Jerry Geis spake the following on 4/25/2007 4:53 AM:
> What is happening in centos 5 with network config files???
>
> I have a machine with 2 network cards.
>
> ifcfg-eth1 keeps changing to DHCP. All my static setup is gone.
>
> Why is it doing this? How can I stop it?
>
> I run "netconfig -d eth1" and re-setup my static information. I reboot and
> now I am back to DHCP.
>
> I have a gigabyte motherboard, nvidia chipset. forcedeth driver. eth0 is
> e1000.
>
> Jerry
I have seen this problem with Asus MB's and the forcedeth driver. It was being
blamed on Asus bios issues, but it might be a bug in the forcedeth driver.
The suggestions I have seen involved putting a fixed MAC address into that
interfaces config file.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and