[CentOS] Hiding PCI devices from Dom0 on Centos5

Michael J. Carter

michael.joseph.carter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 21:17:47 UTC 2007

I'm trying to hide my PRV-350 PCI card from Dom0 so that a DomU can see it.

>From Dom0, the card reports as:

[root at willamette ~]# lspci |grep 06:02
06:02.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15
MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)

The ivtv driver isn't installed on Dom0.

I have added the following to /etc/modprobe.conf on Dom0:

options pciback hide=(0000:06:02.0)

but the card still shows up.

Is PCI backend/frontend support compiled in the Centos5 xen kernels?
If so, am I configuring it correctly? Should I be asking this on a xen
list?

TIA,
mjc

--