[CentOS] FreeNX authenticates but no desktop on centos 5 ??

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 17:51:10 UTC 2007

Jeremy Gray wrote:
> and yes, deliberately breaking it works just fine :-) , meaning no
> authentication. I deleted the final '=' from the DSA key (from the key
> part, not the ===END===, which for me is more like -----END-----) and
> tried connecting, and it would not authenticate, saying the DSA key was
> corrupt or had had a passphrase attached to it. when I paste that back
> in, I get authenticated but no desktop. I also tried deleting a '-' from
> the ----END---- line, and it fails to authenticate
>
>     Is gnome starting normally at the console or could there be some problem
>     at that level?
>

> yes, at the console its doing lots of lovely gnome-like things, and
> fires up over vnc

OK, the next obvious thing is the user logging in.  Did you log in as
the same user on the console for the gnome test?   Also, in the NX
client's advanced configuration section, did you check the 'enable ssl
encryption of all traffic' box.  That might or might not be needed,
depending on firewalling.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com