[CentOS] installing raid1 via serial terminal during install

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Sun Apr 29 16:47:47 UTC 2007

Dave wrote:
> Hi,
>    Thanks, yes that was the problem i was trying to get around. I can
> get a serial terminal install, but i thought that doing a raid install
> via serial terminal would give errors that the disk couldn't boot
> anymore. Do you know if this is planned to be backwards compatible with
> 4.4?

Well, that would mean updating/modifying anaconda for centos 4.4...

You should be able to get a running box after the installation. The
problem should only manifest itself if the first disk goes.

I have used kickstart, serial console and vnc...but not for centos 4.4
though. It was with FC2. have you tried the serial console install?

the box should come up and let you get in to fix the grub installation
on disk two.