[CentOS] [OT] CentOS 5 and Inspiron 6400 [WAS: CentOS 5 - Issues with multimedia]

Matteo Scaramuccia

mlists at scaramuccia.com
Mon Apr 30 06:18:45 UTC 2007

Hi Gabriel,

> I am having some issues with CentOS 5.

[cut]

> I am running a clean install of CentOS 5 i386 on a Dell Inspiron 6400
> (Core Due, 1GB RAM) with SELinux on "enforcing".

I've just received my new 6400 (T7400, 2GB, 160GB, Vista Home Premium)
and I'd like to install CentOS 5 too. With big surprise (looking at the
partition table first and then, googling,
http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/index.htm) I found that Dell is
used to use the whole of the four partitions (see the url above for
details).

Did you remove any of these partitions (e.g. the Media Direct one)?
Could you share your experience? I'd like to preserve the base
functionalities without preventing me to use CentOS 5 as the master OS.

Thanks in advance,
Matteo