[CentOS] setting up CentOS 5 with Raid10

Ruslan Sivak rsivak at istandfor.com
Mon Apr 30 15:30:44 UTC 2007

David Mackintosh wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 04:56:40PM -0400, Ruslan Sivak wrote:
>

>> I am now trying to set up raid10 manually by using mdadm, but it gives
>> me an error, and when looking at dmesg, it says "md: personality for
>> level 10 is not loaded!".
>>

> As it happens, I have just assembled four disks into a raid-10 array.
> Assembly is trivial; however there was a non-obvious step required to
> make it start the raid-10 array at boot time.
>
> My notes are here:
>
>   http://wiki.xdroop.com/space/Linux/Software+Raid+compound+devices

Thank you for the notes.  I followed them, but I'm still not having any
luck installing.  I go to shell and create the arrays and create the
config files, but when I switch back to anaconda, it doesn't detect
/dev/md10, only /dev/md11 and /dev/md12.  I can't create another raid
device in anaconda.  What am I doing wrong?  I tried setting up LVM when
i first installed this, but it failed to boot.

Russ