[CentOS] building cinelerra on CentOS 5

Akemi Yagi

amyagi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 19:05:50 UTC 2007

I have just built cinelerra on CentOS 5 x86_64 and thought I should
share my notes here for people who need it but cannot wait for the
package to become available on rpmforge/dag.

- Install the src.rpm for FC6

- Edit the .spec file and change the line
   BuildRequires: OpenEXR-devel
   BuildRequires: openexr-devel

- Create a symlink:
   ln -s /usr/include/OpenEXR /usr/include/openexr

- Run rpmbuild

You need to have all devel packages required. The main problem I
encountered was that the FC6 version wants the OpenEXR package and the
one I could find for CentOS was all in lowercase.  Then during the
compilation, it refers to /usr/include/OpenEXR thus the symlink.

I don't know the exact consequences this modification would bring
about.  For now, the rebuilt rpm installed on my system without a
hitch and the program runs well.

Akemi