[CentOS] Slow performance

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Apr 30 19:48:58 UTC 2007

Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> At first I would suggest against cross-posting. The two OSes are not
> exactly the same. Also you should specify your exact OS.
    I did in my original message: CentOS 5.0

> Regarding the 2 CPUs, do you have the service irqbalance running? Also
> if not running CentOS 5.0, have you installed the SMP kernel?
    irqbalance is running, so is an SMP kernel:

    Linux bigbertha 2.6.18-8.1.1.el5 #1 SMP Mon Apr 9 09:46:54 EDT 2007
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

    The dual Xeon processors come up as 2 physical and 8 logical.

    -- A

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6