[CentOS] Re: Lost file associations, too - urgent

Mark Hull-Richter

mhullrich at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 09:59:59 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 18:48 -0700, Mark Hull-Richter wrote:
> I just returned from a week's vacation and brought my CentOS 5.0
> system back up, updated it, and somehow it has lost all the .doc file
> associations.  These used to be associated with the OpenOffice writer,
> but that's now gone.  ACtually, all the "open with" associations are
> gone (rtf's now think they should be opened by the text editor!).
>
> I'm not sure exactly what the association should be - can anyone point
> me in the right direction?

I found the appropriate one for this, but now it looks as though all the
(nautilus?) file associations were eliminated - jpgs don't open in the
image viewer any more, etc.  I've been doing these manually as I run
across them, but they don't operate the way they used to (e.g., the
image viewer does not allow panning through the images in a directory
the way it did before).

What happened?

mhr