[CentOS] Reg:Checking HDD Badblocks on kickstart CentOS installation

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Wed Aug 1 14:07:52 UTC 2007

We have all of the disk tools (seatools, etc) on the same PXE loader that we use to do our kickstarts, so we simply use the disktools from the manufacturer to test the drives before kickstarting a system.

If you tell me what manufacturer's HDs you use I can email you a .img file for their particular 'disk tool' that you can use memdisk to boot over the network.

Thanks,
-Drew