[CentOS] Re: Can't print PDFs or PSs in CentOS 5.0

Mark Hull-Richter mhullrich at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 16:53:05 UTC 2007

On 8/1/07, John Plemons <john at mavin.com> wrote:

>  Have you checked for driver up dates for the printer??  Could be the issue...

According to most of the sites I found in Google, the last update to
the Linux printer driver was on August 12, 2004.  I am using the
latest RedHat drivers for RHEL 5.0 (repackaged as CentOS 5.0), which I
am guessing contain the latest and greatest driver code available.

I am using the CUPS foomatic pclmono driver (the recommended driver)
for this printer, and with the exception of graphics files (PDFs, PS
from PDFs and anything from GIMP), everything prints just fine.

Since this does not appear to be a CentOS issue, I have also posted
this in the gnome email list, although I'm not entirely sure that's
the right place to ask, either.

Thanks - more suggestions welcome should any arise.

mhr