[CentOS] CentOS - HP

Barry Brimer lists at brimer.org
Thu Aug 2 17:31:31 UTC 2007

Quoting Tom Brown <tom at ng23.net>:

> Hi
>
> Does anyone have experience of running CentOS on HP hardware, both rack
> mount kit and blades? How are things like hardware monitoring etc?
> We may be moving from Dell to HP and i get on really well with OMSA and
> Nagios etc so ideally would like to monitor using similar tools rather
> than some central 'enterprise' dashboard etc.
>
> Any real world experience?

I have CentOS as well as RHEL on many HP servers, although none of them are
blades.  I do not use Nagios, but I just saw a plugin for nagios that monitors
HP's hpasm today ..
<http://www.consol.com/opensource/nagios/check-hpasm/?cHash=d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e>

I have not been able to get disk threshold reporting to work in current versions
of hpasm but besides that, no complaints.  I have RHEL 2.1/3/4 and CentOS 4
running on HP hardware with no issues.

HTH,
Barry