[CentOS] Re: Can't print PDFs or PSs in CentOS 5.0

Mark Hull-Richter mhullrich at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 18:08:50 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 00:15 -0400, Ross S. W. Walker wrote:

> Not in reader, but down at the CUPS setup when you setup your printer
> originally you probably chose a model from the foomatic database that
> was close-enough, go back and change that model to HP Deskjet which
> should provide the lowest level of PCL support that almost all PCL
> compatible printers should support. If that works then try an HP
> LaserJet 4 next, if that works then you have a good fall-back.

Interesting.  I set it to be an HP Deskjet, and it almost worked
(clipped a little at the top and bottom of the image).  Then I set it
for the Minolta HP Laserjet 4d PPD, and that worked.  There are some
other Minolta drivers that look promising, so I'll play around with it
and see what happens.

Many, many thanks!

mhr