[CentOS] D-Link DFE-580TX

Louis Lagendijk louis at lagendijk.xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 4 10:26:14 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 10:32 +0200, Bernd Bartmann wrote:
> On 8/4/07, Andreas Rogge wrote:
> > As of CentOS 4, the sundance driver is in the centosplus kernel.
> >
> > I've seen strange behaviour with kudzu when using sundance with that
> > D-Link adapter (i.e. on every bootup kudzu tells you the NICs were
> > removed and that four new NICs were installed). That might be the issue
> > why RH decided to disable the driver in their kernel. However, disabling
> > kudzu solved the issue.

this sounds similar to the problems I had with a Sun quad card:
depending on the bios, the system may have problems accessing the option
rom on the card. I solved that setting the mac address in the options
in /etc/modprobe.conf..... (this card uses the sunhme driver).

> > I use that Adapter in a Firewall-Box at one of my customer's sites and
> > we only had one issue in the last two years: one day one of the ports
> > suddenly stopped working. However, a reboot solved the issue.
>
> Andreas, you're right we also had the kudzu problem. First I got
> eth0-eth3, after reboot eth4-eth7, after reboot again eth0-eth3, ...
> For me disabling kudzu also solved the issue. I just forgot about this
> fact.

see above.... Setting the start mac address solved the issue. The
sundance driver unfortunately does not support that option I
believe.....
 kind regards, Louis