[CentOS] CentOS vs RedHat packages

Mon Aug 6 00:04:47 UTC 2007

On 05 August 2007, Scott Ehrlich <scott at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> I would have no problems doing it by hand, too, but when I use a
> system-supplied option, I expect it to work, particularly
> out-of-the-box,
> and this simple tool breaks right after it is put to use.   Makes me
> wonder why, and what else might be breaking.

Watch out, if you ever use FC then! During my very brief fling with FC6,
I found that system-config-display did not update xorg11.config (that's
not the correct file name), as it claimed to be doing.

As you know, it is always best to either use the GUI tools or do it by
hand. Not good to mix the two methods.

My impression from reading this ML is that you will find CentOS performs
for you just as well as RHEL would and probably you will get better
support, on this ML, than you would from RH for RHEL, unless you are in
the super customer group at RH.