[CentOS] CentOS vs RedHat releases

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 04:04:22 UTC 2007

In comparing CentOS to RedHat releases, it seems to me CentOS is the
> Desktop/Workstation class distro from RedHat.   Does the CentOS project
> then not have a Server class distro, or am I missing something?   Granted,
> most any operating system can act as a server, but there are some
> fundamental components of a server-class OS that help is stand out versus
> a workstation version.
>
> Thanks for any insights.

CentOS has all packages in Server and Workstation/Desktop. It is up to you
> to decide.

My all Servers run on CENTOS and Free BSD.
 in additon to that My Desktop is also running CentOS.

You can keep it upto date with YUM.

--
Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya