[CentOS] CentOS things to mod for VMware server

Brent L. Bates blbates at vigyan.com
Mon Aug 6 13:00:39 UTC 2007

     I wouldn't use any other file system than XFS as it is the most reliable
file system out there.  We've been using XFS on a x86 system for over a year
now and haven't had any file system problems.  It has actually saved us on
occasion.  From what I've read, people have only reported problems when they
pile layer upon layer of stuff on their disks.  Logical volumes, NFS, etc.,
etc..  We are using XFS on RAID drives, both RAID 1 and 0, and the only extra
item we add is NFS.  Before our Linux boxes, we've used XFS on SGI's for
probably over a decade of dependable and reliable service.

--

  Brent L. Bates (UNIX Sys. Admin.)
  M.S. 912				Phone:(757) 865-1400, x204